Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > The Corpse Goddess

The Corpse Goddess by Kristi Jones

Aug 27, 2012

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

I made the mistake of starting this book while trying to eat lunch at the same time, lets just say that didn't go so well.

If you have a weak stomach, this may not be the book for you.

I admit, I haven't read very many zombie books because the premises doesn't always appeal to me but I can say that this book was very different from any of the other zombies books I have read.

And while it was a little gross at times, it was very unique in the whole zombie/Valkyrie approach as well. Very creative and imaginative and really a really good storyline that I couldn't help but be enthralled by.

My only big problem was that the main character Meg, was pretty hard for me to like. I just didn't connect with her and at times I didn't even care about her, she was that unlikeable. She came across as a little selfish, mean to those who were only trying to help and whinny and just, well, just not the character for me.

But, if you took into account her childhood, her parents and the secrets they kept form her, well her attitude and behavior made sense and I found myself sort of liking her despite it all. Sort of.

Really this book was not what I was expecting at all and while I found myself being grossed out by some of it, it really was creative and imaginative and for that alone, I have to give it 3.5 Stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Corpse Goddess.

07/30/2012
20.0% "This is definitely an interesting read."