Sundae's Reviews > The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness

The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: personal-finance, non-fiction, finished-but-didn-t-like
Read on July 23, 2012

This book was a huge disappointment. I was hoping to get some personal finance insights, maybe some depth and discussion behind the psychology of why people make the wrong choices when it comes to money, but instead you get a guy ranting/shouting at the top of his lungs of how much he hates debt and how you eliminate them; which in reality is not a bad thing. If you're in debt and feel overwhelmed, this could be the perfect book for you, but for someone that is making the right choices, that has no debt, this book has nothing to offer. I don't agree with some on Ramsey's views, but even that aside, what I really hated about this book is that the numbers were "embellished" a little. Almost all of the examples in the books were invested at constant high return rates of 8,10,12 percent making your overall picture look awesome and your financial goals seem like a close reality... It was a tad unrealistic.

Overall, I'm sure someone would enjoy the testimonials and find the 7 baby steps to be just what they need, but for people that already have their act together and are in good financial shape, this book is a complete waste of time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Total Money Makeover.