Lora's Reviews > Queen of the World!

Queen of the World! by Jennifer L. Holm

Nov 12, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: children-s-lit, graphic-novels
Read in November, 2008

I read this so that I could booktalk it for a school visit at work. I knew very little about the Babymouse series except that it was very popular. I did enjoy learning about Babymouse and all of her little quirks. She loves hearts, cupcakes, and books, but she longs to be popular..and Queen of the World. It was really fun to see how Babymouse would interpret different things that happened to her through different book and movie styles she liked (monster movie, detective story, etc).

The story is told through mostly speech bubbles, but occasionally the author adds asides with text boxes. I loved how the only color besides black and white used was pink! It fit Babymouse's personality perfectly.

I can see why children, especially beginning readers, would love this graphic novel. As an adult I didn't enjoy it as much. The Babymouse series is kind of like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Dear Dumb Diary, but for a younger age level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of the World!.