Sarah Sammis's Reviews > Red Cat, Blue Cat

Mar 05, 13

bookshelves: read-in-2012, pc, exwishlist
Recommended to Sarah by: There's a Book
Read from September 28 to 29, 2012

Red Cat, Blue Cat by Jenni Desmond is the story of two cats grumpily living together in the same home. One lives upstairs, the other downstairs.

For anyone who has introduced one cat to another — cats who aren't siblings and weren't raised together knows how difficult it is to get a pair of cats to accept each other. It's no different here. There's a bit of jealousy between the two and that's what plays out.

Red Cat wants to be Blue Cat. Blue Cat wants to be Red Cat. Each tries to be the other by changing their color. Of course that doesn't work but it does get them to appreciate what they like about each other.

When I wrote the rough draft for this review I was wondering what has happened to my youngest cat. She had gone missing over the weekend and it was extremely difficult to write about a book about two cats so very similar to mine — the old calico who was still here and the young tuxedo who was missing.

Thankfully the tuxedo cat returned about ten days later and hasn't tried to explore the great outdoors again.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Cat, Blue Cat.

Sarah Sammis Adorable. Reminds me of my two cats.