Rimsa Ivashkov 's Reviews > Scorched Skies

Scorched Skies by Samantha Young

Aug 03, 12

Read from July 27 to August 02, 2012

I really really enjoyed this book and it was even better than the previous book. It picks up right where Smokeless Fire ended and I once again, got swept up in the world that Samantha had created. The mythology in this book is definitely one of my favourite parts of the book, because it’s quite original and there is something really exotic about it. I have never read a book about jinn before and it was really refreshing. The plot is great and develops at a perfect pace. There is never a dull moment and once you start this book, it’s hard to put it down.
I liked that this book was written in third person, even though I usually prefer first person, because it allowed us to see everything going on with the Jinn kings and I find their scenes quite entertaining because they all hate each other so much. The dialogue is funny, witty and clever and I loved Samantha’s writing style.
Ari is one of the best protagonists i have read and i loved all of her interactions with the other characters and i love how she handles situations where Jai and Charlie are being jerks or bossy. She is pretty kick ass and totally relatable. Jai was HOT! In this book, we get to learn even more about him and his past. It really made me feel sorry for him, but it also made me understand why he pushed away Ari so much, cuz at one point, I was starting to get a little pissed at him for constantly rejecting her. Charlie was really fun to read too and his character builds up more too. I liked him more in this book, than the previous one. Red is my favourite character, even though it can be a little hard to work out where his loyalties lie and when we can trust him. He was in this book a lot, so that certainly pleased me :)
Finally, Samantha Young is an AMAZING author and i have loved every single book of hers. Her series definitely deserve more attention. If you haven’t read this series or any other books by her, i would suggest that you give them a go - you'll love them. She's a wicked author!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scorched Skies.