Randy's Reviews > The Water Wars

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher

Jul 24, 12

bookshelves: july12, post-apocalypse, science-fiction
Read from July 23 to 24, 2012

Vera and Will live in a world that has been changed as a result of lack of drinkable water. When they meet Kai, their world dissolves into further chaos as they are drawn into the war that is being fought by the powers of the world over who controls the remaining water. When Kai, a boy who can find water (a diviner) is kidnapped, Vera and Will go after him. They team up with a water pirate and a rogue water skimmer to rescue Will and attempt to bring water back to the people.

I picked this book up because the idea that water will be the next resource we squander and fight over is all too real. I wanted to see how this author imagined the world would be with limited access to water.

I finished the book because it was easy to read, and despite the lack of an exciting plot, I still wanted to see how it ended.

I would recommend this book to Bernie. He likes Sci-Fi books.

The writing in this book was less than stellar. The plot line was predictable and the author took short cuts that left big holes in the plausibility of the story. Still, it is an important topic, and one which needs to be considered.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Water Wars.