Linda Trott's Reviews > The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce

Jul 23, 12

Read in July, 2012

This simple, imaginative tale is a wonderful reminder that everyone's story matters. I am sure that I will use this to bring home a point or two either in a children's moment in church or at school, where not everyone is heard, but need to be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carol Bachofner I love this one too. My grandson (age 20) loves it and loves the short film even more. Have you seen that?

Linda Trott A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home

I am sure that Henry Cole is human, I have met him, shaken his hand! After reading A Nest for Celeste, however, I wonder if Henry is not a changeling and a time traveler. His illustrations tell the story in a beautiful dance with the words he chooses.

Celeste is a mouse who discovers that there is a famous boarder in her house, John Audobon! He brings his assistant Joseph along and there are many adventures.

The descriptions of Celeste's first flight, I was in awe of this award winning author/illustrator.