Julia's Reviews > The Prisoner of Heaven

The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Jul 26, 12

Read from July 23 to 25, 2012

I missed these characters. I was so happy to be reading about them again(I enjoyed the Angel's Game but in the Prisoner of Heaven I found myself liking David Martin's story even more). But, alas, the book was finished. So I found myself doing what I usually do after finishing a really good book. I kept turning the last pages, to find more. There was no more. I tried reading between the lines for a hint of what was to come next. And there are hints that are very blunt, black on white, but I wanted more. I even turned to the first few pages looking for a tidbit of info, what will come or when it'll come. I am prepared to wait, to wait another 4 years (?) before the 4th book comes out.

The Shadow of the Wind was great. The Angel's Game I liked too but less. The Prisoner of Heaven had such an engaging story. I also loved the dialogue and the wit. The writing flows, as you read you forget your surroundings (unless you happen to be sitting on a bus next to a couple who is very loudly discussing personal matters that you are not very interested in hearing) you stop thinking of your long to do list (prepare this meal, respond to this email at work, call this friend about weekend gathering...) and you simply let the story take you away.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prisoner of Heaven.

Anna Wait so this one is an actual sequel to Shadow of The Wind?

Julia Yes! And it is good, although not as good as The Shadow of the Wind. The writing is great, I think. It reads more like a novella than a novel. If you decide to read it, I'd recommend reading The Angel's Game first (that one is a prequel to the Shadow of the Wind).
Resisting The Bronze Horseman, I see.

Anna Read The Bronze Horseman, forgot to mark it down until now. Sooo many things bugged me about it but I did like it overall and will read the next two shortly. Then we'll have to discuss :)