Paras Allana's Reviews > The Dressmaker of Khair Khana: Five Sisters, One Remarkable Family, and the Woman Who Risked Everything to Keep Them Safe

The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: 52-countries-in-2012, culture, non-fiction
Read on July 23, 2012

3.5 stars.

What I liked about this book is that its very balanced overall. It doesnt gets way too cheesy about inspirational writing nor it gets way to informative to avoid the point of the story. This book is believable, eye-opening and heart warming story of Afghanistan and Kamila and many other unsung heroines of that war time of Afghanistan.

Over and over this book reminded me of one of my friends who came as a refugee in Pakistan from Afghanistan. Over and over I was reminded of her stories, her hopes and tragedies and her contagious good spirit about life. Now that she is back in Afghanistan, this book made me miss her and made me understand even more about her life before Pakistan. If I could, I would dedicate this reading to her, Fatima, be blessed and happy wherever you be.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dressmaker of Khair Khana.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Judy I listened to this book earlier this month and liked it alot. Its good to know that it is so accurate, Paras. I hope you get to speak to Fatima soon.

Paras Allana Thank you Judy. I can only say its accurate as far as I know :)