Shannon's Reviews > The Art of Procrastination: A Guide to Effective Dawdling, Lollygagging and Postponing

The Art of Procrastination by John R. Perry

Jul 23, 12

Recommended to Shannon by: Workman Publishing
Recommended for: procrastinators and people otherwise pressed for time
Read in July, 2012 — I own a copy

I received an ARC of this book via Twitter contest, then promptly put it on my shelf of owned TBR material. The book kept gnawing at the back of my head - of course I should read it, they were nice enough to send it to me, they'd love the feedback, it's a short enough little tome... So FINALLY I read it and saw myself in nearly every page - which is a bit embarrassing. I did find quite a few useful tips for actually accomplishing things that I'd heretofore put off: I very much enjoyed the bird-by-bird section, which should have been common sense but then when faced with a mountainous task, reason rarely engages itself, does it? And the idea of simply putting off a job until it's possibly no longer required? This never occurred to me to be a viable accomplishment but now I can see that if the job is gone, no matter the method, then one could consider it "accomplished," at least in terms of not having wasted energy on a useless task. This book definitely made me feel better and less guilty about getting "the wrong" things done, especially if they're not the things on top of my priority list.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Procrastination.