Saly's Reviews > One Reckless Moment

One Reckless Moment by Jeanne Allan

3192922
Jul 23, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: category-romance, blackmail, celibate-hero, harlequin-presents, harlequin-silhouette, virgin-heroines, read-in-2012
Read in July, 2012

Rating 2.5 stars
Well if there is one thing I can't abide by is a blind and annoying, martyr type heroine and this book has that. She becomes stranded with the hero and almost gives up her control to have a good time but a lifetime of propriety and raising her siblings comes to her mind and she sneaks out. Months later her brother steals some money and his boss turns out to be the hero who blackmails her into marrying him. It was so fairly obvious the hero was crazy about her while she doubted even the sibling she had raised loved her. I really wanted to smash her head in so many times, they way she coddled her siblings and didn't just spit out what she felt to the hero instead of brooding over things and being jealous of her own blonde sister. I just couldn't abide by the heroine's internal whining.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Reckless Moment.

Leona I so agree with you! But I also found the hero to be detestable.

Saly Leona wrote: "I so agree with you! But I also found the hero to be detestable."

Yeah a very weird book all around!