Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)'s Reviews > The Assassin and the Empire

The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas

Sep 13, 13

bookshelves: short-story, review
Read from July 23 to 24, 2012

This is the fourth and final throne of glass novella in which Sam and Celaena are living together and trying to get enough money to leave Rifthold for good by doing one last but dangerous assignment.

This novella is heart breaking but it is nice to know how Celaena ends up where she is at the beginning of throne of glass. Celaena does make a lot of mistakes in this book but she is still a really interesting character which I have liked getting to know.

I love the relationship between Celaena and Sam but I’m annoyed about how this storyline ends, but I can see why it needs to happen this way for Celaena story to progress.

I love how Maas makes you really care about the character even in a story as short as this and I am counting down the days until throne of glass comes out and I hope it is as good as the novellas suggest it will be.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Empire.