MandyM's Reviews > Little Squirrels Can Climb Tall Trees

Little Squirrels Can Climb Tall Trees by Michael          Murphy

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: m-m-romance
Read in July, 2012

2.5 stars. This story is written in the first person POV of Joseph, a super confident executive who works in the finance industry. He spies Kyle, a shy giant of a man, who has escaped his strict Oklahoma upbringing to work as a doctor in New York. When these two meet at a gym they immediately connect.

It was obvious this book was written by a guy. There are plenty of mentions of dick sizes and a constant running brash commentary from Joseph that became a little annoying at times. There's not a lot of angst and any issues are resolved very quickly. OTOH Kyle's height and low self esteem was handle fairly well. Just an ok read for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Squirrels Can Climb Tall Trees.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ami (new)

Ami There are plenty of mentions of dick sizes

Size does matter, huh? :D. I'm not giving this a second thought, thank you.

message 2: by MandyM (last edited Jul 27, 2012 07:07PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

MandyM I imagine this book could have been self published under one of those revoltingly crass titles you see on Amazon (e.g. 'My Giant Cock Doctor' or something like that lol) but it was cleaned up and given a nice title/cover by DSP. It's not that bad but just not to my taste.

message 3: by Ami (new)

Ami 'My Giant Cock Doctor

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Well, I've been having MM slump, and I don't think this kind of book is good for come back.

MandyM I agree it's slim pickings in the m/m genre these days :(

Snowtulip Ami, definately not the book for a come back. I kind of stopped at 25%, might go back, but it is all internal dialogue about penis...yawn.

message 6: by Ami (new)

Ami Snowtulip wrote: "Ami, definately not the book for a come back. I kind of stopped at 25%, might go back, but it is all internal dialogue about penis...yawn."

Thank you for the confirmation, Snow.

message 7: by Alyosha (new) - added it

Alyosha lmao, I almost feel like reading this for old times' sake... *sigh*

Thanks for the review MandyM!

MandyM Why 'old times sake'? You've made me curious!

message 9: by Alyosha (new) - added it

Alyosha Oh, just that what you said in your review about the book made me think of the old nifty stories I read back in the late 90's and early 2000s :)

MandyM Oh yeah I get it now. Maybe you could take a trip down memory lane! lol

message 11: by Fehu (new)

Fehu Thanks for the review Mandy, I think I'll pass on this one.

Veenayraja So you're suggesting that gay men should tailor their novels and lives to titillate hetero females?