Jianne's Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Feb 24, 13

bookshelves: fangirl-for, fell-in-love-with, ibooks
Read in February, 2013

READING THE EXCERPT TEASER:

WELL, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer did not appeal to me as much. But, whatever. This seems like a redemption!

Then you will love him to ruins.

WOAH. FREAKING KILL ME NOW.
*FANGIRL MODE MAXIMUM*

NOW, I'm excited. Sounds promising! GOSH. SUCH A TEASER. OCTOBER?! This is torture.

READING THE ACTUAL BOOK:

This read is such a guilty pleasure. I remember how annoyed I was with the first book because it was just so damn confusing and I literally don't know what the whole goal of the book is but see, I found myself to emerged, to engaged and so totally in a fangirl mode reading The Evolution of Mara Dyer despite the fact that I have been awfully spoiled.

I mean I still have the problems I had in the previous book like the confusing plot, what the goal of the story is, sometimes there's even plot holes, things left unexplained but at the end of the day one thing made me love (okay, kind of love) this book: Noah Elliot Simon Shaw.

Needless to say the plot turned out to be creepier, mysterious and more horrifying. Yes, it is. It is definitely full of surprises because you could never guess what will happen next because anything is possible. And that's the confusing part. I don't know what's real and what's not in the mood anymore, I think I'm suffering as much as Mara is.

And honest be, as much I love Noah Shaw. I feel like Mara and Noah just lacked that chemistry and spark that needs to burn already. At times, it seems like Noah must protect Mara because he has to not because he wants to.

But nevertheless, reading it got me hooked and smile and laugh and creeped out and so many other emotions that is right in the feels. Honestly. I guess I liked how Hodkin really finally this time made me have this mystical, dark atmosphere while reading the novel.

And by that, I was so devastated by the turn of events in the book. Hodkin got me there bigtime! AND seeing the cover for The Retribution of Mara Dyer just killed my heart out.

That "and you will love him to ruins teaser just made my heart leap out of my chest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

Quotes Jianne Liked

Michelle Hodkin
“If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.”
tags: love

Michelle Hodkin
“Everyone is a little crazy. The only difference between us and them is that they hide it better.”

Michelle Hodkin
“You’re stronger than you believe. Don’t let your fear own you. Own yourself.”

Michelle Hodkin
“I’ll walk forever with stories inside me that the people I love the most can never hear.”

Michelle Hodkin
“I’m too selfish to leave you,” I said. Noah pulled back so I could see his smile. “I’m too selfish to let you.”

Michelle Hodkin
“It doesn’t matter what we are. It matters what we do.”

Michelle Hodkin
“If I truly loved him, she said, I would let him go.
I wish I loved him enough.”

Michelle Hodkin
“You will love him to ruins.”