Sandra's Reviews > A Bad Day For Voodoo

A Bad Day For Voodoo by Jeff Strand

Aug 24, 12

Read in August, 2012

Just got this for a blog tour I'm participating in and there's a FAQ at the beginning of the book... hilarious! This should be a good one.

Aaaand... finished the book and it was as equally hilarious as the FAQ.

Tyler was falsely accused of cheating on his history exam and thusly a little ticked at Mr. Click, his teacher. But his best friend, Adam, has a plan and within a few days shows up at school with a voodoo doll of Mr. Click. Of course, they were both pretty shocked to discover the little burlap doll actually worked when Mr. Click's leg just flew off his body during class. When Adam has a second doll made of Tyler, all hell breaks loose and soon, Adam, Tyler, and Tyler's girlfriend Kelly are on a mission to find the doll after it's stolen.

Okay, so there's not too much to get into here. I can't do a literary analyisis on A Bad Day for Voodoo because, as the author states explicitly within the novel itself, it has no literary value. But what a hoot! What A Bad Day for Voodoo lacks in literary value, it more than makes up for in entertainment value. Author Jeff Strand really knows to how write a novel that will make you laugh, giggle, and snort orange juice through your nose. And turn the pages, of course.

A Bad Day for Voodoo didn't have one boring moment. From exploding limbs, zombies, car chases, to crazy "baser" families who practice Aztec sacrifice in their living room, this book really does have it all. I really enjoyed Jeff Strand's humor - it was so entirely random and out there, just my kind of thing. I didn't want to put the book down, so thankfully it was a quick read I was able to gobble up like a turkey [simile] within a twenty-four period.

Four stars! If you need more laughs in your life (and who doesn't?) this is the book for you. If you don't read it, I might have to contact Esmerelda and get a little doll made of you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bad Day For Voodoo.