Purcheria's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Nicole  Williams

This book has been on my ereader for a while now but I couldn't bring myself to read it. The reason? The comparisons on GR with Beautiful Disaster. And, well, I did not like that book very much. It was a book that really got me thinking about what constitutes a real hero in a book and how Jamie McGuire (sp?) got it so wrong.

However I decided to give this one a try, mainly because a fellow reviewer stated that although she did not like the aforementioned book, she enjoyed this one. And I will tell you, I liked this one sooooo much better! Because really, although Jude is a hot-head, you can understand some of his reactions (if not all) because of his up-bringing. There is a LOT of anger and had nowhere positive to direct it to. Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning all his actions, but when you get caught up in the system like he did, and no one (not even yourself) expects much, then all you can do is try to survive the best way you know how. As for Lucy, I started off liking her, really I did. She was smart, witty and didn't care what people thought of her. However, she eventually started annoying the sh!it out of me. Her decision-making abilities when it came to Sawyer floored me. I was left scratching my head a few times wondering ummm...what did I miss?

Anyway, that being said, the book was entertaining to read. I even laughed out loud a few times. There were a few issues that I did have reading this, but nothing that put me off reading it to the end.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

07/27/2012