Lena Grey's Reviews > The Florist

The Florist by Serena Yates

Jul 22, 12

Read in July, 2012

Nothing settles down a restless spirit like finding someone to love. Dylan White, of 'The Florist' by Serena Yates, meets Sean Mellick and quickly realizes that his wanderlust is fading fast, that he's actually found somewhere he belongs. Like the saying goes, home is where the heart is, and his heart is definitely with Sean.

Comparing and contrasting Dylan and Sean's personalities gave me greater insight into their motives and ambitions. Dylan is restless, unsettled, spontaneous, funny, and outgoing while Sean is contented, established, and more reserved. Yet, they both have restless hearts. They realize what they don't want; they know that something important is missing in their lives and are both either consciously or subconsciously searching for it. Dylan and Sean form an amazingly quick but utterly strong bond; when they become involved their lives take on a different perspective. Things which seemed of utmost importance before, are suddenly not so important anymore. The only thing that is important is being together and working out their challenges as a team—and what a team they make!

Another thing that impresses me about Sean and Dylan is the great respect and admiration they have for each other. They are able to look beyond past experiences and treat each other with the love and consideration they need to make it work. It's that important to them—more important than any future prestige, wealth, or fame. Being together brings out the best, most honest parts of them and allows Sean and Dylan to be who they truly are. Some say that love is blind, but that's not what I believe; seeing ourselves though the eyes of someone who loves us brings out the very best part of our souls, which, in turn, gives us the confidence to love ourselves as well as the one we love.

'The Florist' is the eighth book in the 'Workplaces Encounters' series and Serena has poured an incredible amount of work and love into these books through her amazing and admirable men whose indomitable spirits are inspiring. This book is no exception. It reads well and integrates the romance and conflicts in the story with amazing ease. The characters are extremely likeable and it's easy to become emotionally involved in their lives and dreams. Sean and Dylan are passionate in and out of bed and respectful of each other's desires, not wanting to push each other one way or the other in hopes of forging a happy, loving, and, hopefully, permanent relationship. Once again, Serena has demonstrated how love can turn up at the most unexpected times and places and change lives forever. I'd recommend this book to those of you who enjoy a love story which is well written, romantic, passionate, and gives us hope. Thank you, Serena, for another enjoyable escape into the world of love and romance and for the reminder of what an awesome force loving someone can be.

NOTE: This book was provided by Silver Publishing for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Florist.