Jason's Reviews > If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann Coulter

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: no-nay-never, reviewed

A book of Coulter quotes? This book is probably not for me.

Although with gems like these, perhaps I should reconsider...
“I know Jesus Christ died for my sins and that’s all I really need to know.”
—And that is probably all she really does know.

“I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am.”
—But where would she find these people?

“The fact that a Republican is in the late Senator Kennedy’s old seat probably must have him rolling in his grave, probably spilling his drink.”
—Okay, that one is pretty funny.
Funny, but not funny enough to convince me ever to read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paquita Maria (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez When I worked at Borders, I used to intentionally straighten her books to hide her face-outs and display something else.

message 2: by Paquita Maria (new)

Paquita Maria Sanchez Her book covers are almost as ugly as her soul. And face.

message 3: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason She is not a pretty person inside or out.

message 4: by Leo (new)

Leo Robertson Oh dear, using the word stupider to scoff at stupidity in others... that's ironical haha

message 5: by Stephen M (new)

Stephen M The work you're doing at Borders is very important Paquita. Keep fighting the good fight.

message 6: by Manny (new)

Manny Ann Coulter is the best argument for atheism that I've ever seen. I think she's a black propaganda Dawkins plant.

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan This must be an American thing... :p But in all seriousness you could be right Manny. No one I know sounds like that... Unless people just grow differently in Australia.

message 8: by Scribble (last edited Jul 23, 2012 05:41AM) (new)

Scribble Orca Oh come on, you know she is a figment of Philip Pullmann's imagination! How could you possibly take her seriously?

message 9: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Here's another classic: "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

She is a hateful little piece of work. Definitely a model of religious sentiment.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary There are some people rating this five stars. Now that's comedy!

message 11: by Jenn(ifer) (new)

Jenn(ifer) I want you to read this just so you will keep going with your humorous retorts.

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary Since notifications are down there's time to read the glowing reviews...
"I'll read every book she writes with a smile on my face."
"She is absolutely brilliant!"
"She get a lot right."

:-|

message 13: by Jenn(ifer) (new)

Jenn(ifer) What is wrong with people?!?

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary I like to think of them as little gifts for the rest of us to play with Jenn

message 15: by Brigid (new)

Brigid If Republicans had souls they'd be.....

message 16: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Brigid wrote: "If Republicans had souls they'd be....."

Somebody needs to publish this title!

message 17: by Jenn(ifer) (new)

Jenn(ifer) Mary wrote: "I like to think of them as little gifts for the rest of us to play with Jenn"

te he. love that

message 18: by Steve (new)

Steve David Letterman once said (compliments of a joke-writer, no doubt): "Here's what we know about Ann Coulter. She's blonde, she's single, and well, maybe someone will set her up with O.J."

message 19: by s.penkevich (new)

s.penkevich I agree with Jenn, you need to read this to give us the Republican quote of the day!

message 20: by mark (new)

mark monday Paquita Maria wrote: "Her book covers are almost as ugly as her soul. And face."

there's no soul there.

message 21: by Shovelmonkey1 (new)

Shovelmonkey1 Is this the same mrs coulter off of Philip Pullman's Dark Materials series? Y'know, the lady with the golden monkey (not a euphemism) who excised the souls of small children?

message 22: by mark (new)

mark monday the very same one! she gets around. always causing trouble!

message 23: by Shovelmonkey1 (new)

Shovelmonkey1 I'm going to have to apologise for my ignorance of over-the-pond activity here and ask a dumb question... who is this woman?

message 24: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason She's a nobody! In the US we have these right wing extremists who somehow get a ton of radio air time and exposure in other media probably because their opinions are so provocative. But really, she's a nobody. She writes syndicated columns for conservative newspapers and I think she's a lawyer.

message 25: by Shovelmonkey1 (new)

Shovelmonkey1 In Britain we have this instead...

it's all the social commentary we need !

message 26: by Rhianna (new)

Rhianna I was reading a Tea Party quip on facebook (I know, that's a big problem in and of itself) and there was quite a bit of discussion on a photo that superimposed Obama onto the image of the Marines at Iwo Jima raising the flag, where Obama said "you didn't do it alone" or something like that, and then the Tea Party group titled the photo something about soldiers did it, not the general population. The arguments going on were PURE HILARITY.

Anyhow. The original point. Some Teabagger made a comment about how they couldn't believe people really thought Obama wasn't a socialist, and another Teabagger responds to that with "Yeah, well there are also people who don't believe Jesus Christ died for their sins."

umm... WHAT? That's not a political argument.

message 27: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Not much the tea partiers say or do makes much sense to me.

message 28: by Rhianna (last edited Jul 27, 2012 10:18AM) (new)

Rhianna Nope. But they are pretty good at scaring the Republican-lite people into crossing the line to become a Democrat.