April's Reviews > Charade

Charade by Cambria Hebert

Aug 08, 12

Read from July 22 to 28, 2012

Charade is the second book in the Heven and Hell Series. I loved Masquerade the first book in the series. So many times the second book disappoints me. WOW, Charade didn’t disappoint me at all! It totally blew me away.

The writing flowed smoothly making the book a fast read. The author has the ability to draw you into the story and the character development is amazing. There was plenty of action and adventure with Heven and Sam’s mission to return the scroll to the catacombs in Rome. Heven and Sam’s relationship is so sweet, loving, and protective. Who wouldn’t want a boyfriend like Sam?

I didn’t know where the relationship between Cole and Heven was going…is it a love triangle, or something else? Then, the author revealed the twist. Typically, I see the twist coming in the book and can figure them out before the big reveal. Not in Charade, I was floored by the revelation of Cole and Heven’s relationship.

Charade introduced us to new characters: Gemma and Logan. I’m dying to know more about Gemma, a fallen angel. She is a great addition to the story. She’s tough and obviously has feelings for Cole. I cannot wait to find out more about the reason she lost her wings and was banished from heaven. I look forward to seeing Gemma and Cole’s relationship develop. Now Logan, I had mixed feelings about him. I don’t think he added anything to the story. Yes, he is Sam’s brother and makes attempt after attempt to cause a rift in Sam and Heven’s relationship. I don't think I would have missed his absence from the story.

Now to the cliff hanger….I wanted to scream no, no, no…you can’t do this to them! I don’t want to give away any spoilers. Now, I have to wait until the release of the next book.

I highly recommend this book for young adults and adults.

Review posted on my blog at http://myparanormalbookreview.blogspo...

I received a copy of Charade from the read to review program at the Goodreads Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics Group. A special thanks to the Cambria Hebert for providing a copy of the book. It was an amazing read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charade.