Norma's Reviews > Because of You

Because of You by Jessica Scott

1913550
Jul 24, 12

Read from July 22 to 24, 2012

This is a hard book to review and rate. Overall, I liked it. This is an angsty story. Almost all of the characters are dealing with PTSD and many are wounded. It's hard to read. The feelings and actions of the characters felt real. How they reacted to each other and to others around them never felt forced or false. There were quite a few times where I teared up.

But there were things that took me out of the story. For example the story is about Jen and Shane and their core group. All of them are going through some kind of traumatic experience. But it's almost as if the author needed to throw in an antagonist. So there is a character who is just stupid and his actions are never believable and all he does is add stress to other characters. Every time he was on the page I was taken out of this very believable story, because he was so unbelievable.

Then at the end we're force-fed a happily ever after for characters that weren't happy to begin with. I believed their love and I belived their connection. But they have a long way to go.

All in all this was a good book. I can't say it's an enjoyable read because it's a difficult read. But I dont regret reading it at all.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because of You.

07/23/2012 "I like the story and characters, but this is a little slow. I keep skimming and losing focus."