Tabi34's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

F_50x66
Jul 22, 12

Read in July, 2012

Well, I finished the trilogy and by book three - I was bored. There was some good stuff in the book, but how many times can one read a sex scene. He kissed her, his tongue probing into her mouth...blah blah blah. By the third book, I was skipping the sex scenes all together. Of course, the book would have been a 1/3 of the length that it is if the author had cut those.

Every time Ana wants an answer - Christian distracts her and the author distracts the readers by putting in a lengthy sex scene. Sex is NOT the answer and honestly, no one has that much sex - she'd be having all sorts of female related problems - starting with soreness and getting worse from there.

I read an article that said women were using the book to try to make their husbands into Christian - ummm, that must have been written by a man because let me assure you no intelligent, strong woman wants a domineering sex addict who won't communicate. The hours long sexcapades are NOT what women want- maybe once in awhile, but not every night, not every day.

The story line in this book, minus the incessant sex, was good. I felt for both characters. Some of the plot line was a bit far-fetched and nothing was truly cleared up about why the person causing the Greys harm wanted to do it, we know who, but what sets him off isn't clarified.

I thought the epilogue was a nice touch, but the two other addendums were unnecessary. I've finished the trilogy - I can say I read it. It's summer so I don't feel too guilty. Will I read them again? probably not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.