Ger's Reviews > The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America's Future

The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn

Jul 22, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Wow! Great book. The story is fiction but it is used to explain parallels between ancient Israel and the United States. The events that unfolded on 9-11 and subsequently that fit into those parallels are just remarkable. Ancient Israel and early America made covenants with God and then violated them. The protect God granted has been withdrawn due to pride and disobedience.

Some of the exchanges between Nouriel, the main character, and the unnamed prophet were clever and seemed very realistic. However, there were too many places where something is revealed and fully explained and then another character would say something like, "So, that would mean . . ." and repeat everything only to have another character say something like, "My, that would mean . . " and repeat it all again. That was distracting.

Even if the reader is not religious, there are great truths about our nation which we should all heed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Harbinger.

Deborah Sounds a lot like The Covenant: America's Sacred and Immutable Connection to Ancient Israel by Timothy Ballard which I've been reading. (This is not a novel, however!)