Tracy's Reviews > Blood and Chocolate

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

Jan 08, 09

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal-tales, magical-girl-tales, love-tales, books-made-into-movies, library-books, werewolf-tales
Recommended for: werewolf fans, fans of the supernatural
Read in December, 2008, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I loved this book! I love the prose, it's very beautiful and lush and image rich, and the story so far is pretty cool. I'm glad I waited to read it because I think I may have found it too overtly sexy as a teen. I liked the way the story turned out, even though I wondered if Vivian and Aiden could make it work. I was surprised by how much Gabriel had changed by the end, from this cocky, power-hungry youth to the literally the leader of the pack with a kind heart and a strong love and desire for Vivian, other than just lust. Klause really took the subject of werewolves to another level, making the concept believable that werewolves could exist. I really enjoyed the family aspects of the pack, and how the change to werewolf from human was described. For Vivian, blood is sweeter than chocolate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Chocolate.

12/23/2008 page 26
12/27/2008 page 111
42.05% "I love it. The writing is so vivid."