Danna's Reviews > Glow

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Jul 22, 12

I really liked Glow partly because I’m really into sci-fi and space. The book reminded me a lot of Star Gate (the newest season that got cancelled) because of the situation on the ship and how people worked together to live. The writing was very good and I loved reading Waverly’s chapters because of her easy to like character.

This book was very enjoyable because it was mostly about survival and there was a lot of character development. I wish there would’ve been more Kieran and Waverly scenes because I would’ve understood their relationship better. I hope that I’ll see some more relationships developing in book two!

Glow is split into parts where each part switches off between Waverly and Keiran. The situations in each character’s sections related and it made sense why the characters seemed different at the end. Waverly was stronger and Keiran was, well…

There were adults in this book (I say that because rarely in YA the parents barely show themselves or are not part of the characters lives). It was interesting to read how realistic the kids acted after their parents had been killed or taken. I think that the author did a stupendous job on making deaths mean something.

There wasn’t really anything I disliked about this book and gobbled it down like a Thanksgiving turkey! If you like sci-fi and action, you will definitely love this book. 4.5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glow.