ExLibris_Kate's Reviews > Death Makes the Cut

Death Makes the Cut by Janice Hamrick

Jul 23, 2012

Read from July 22 to 23, 2012

The first thing I do when I read a mystery is to try to figure out "who done it" as early as possible. Well, that didn't workout so well for this book because I think all three of my initial theories were wrong. Death Makes The Cut was full of witty dialogue, strong characters and lots of turns that will keep you guessing. I really liked the school setting because it gave you a multitude of motives and suspects without any of them being too obvious. Throw in just a touch of romance and you have a book that avoided predictability and kept those pages turning.

Janice Hamrick really captured the flavor of Austin that runs the gamut from Hollywood film crews to good ol' boys. I had so much fun reading this boo!. It's been a long time since I've read a mystery and I was reminded how much I enjoy this genre. Janet Hamrick created a story with twists, turns and lots of characters worth loving. Jocelyn is smart, funny and very determined and I also enjoyed Jocelyn's cousin, Kyla as well as all of the teachers and students that made the story so well-rounded. If you are looking for an enjoyable and smart mystery, this book should be at the top of your list!

This book is the companion to Janice Hamrick's first book, Death On Tour. However, you do not need to read the first book in order to enjoy Death Makes The Cut.

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Makes the Cut.