Kristen's Reviews > A Bad Day For Voodoo

A Bad Day For Voodoo by Jeff Strand

Sep 09, 12

bookshelves: e-book, youngadult, zombies, paranormal-fantasy, horror
Read on August 06, 2012

First Impression:
I picked this book up with really no idea of how much wonderful gore, insanity and well.. more insanity would ensue while reading this book. I can't believe this book is more than 200 pages. It felt like I read it in an hour - as in it was the most enthralling crazy ride of a book I've read in a while.

While Reading:
A Bad Day for Voodoo is fantastic. I don't know that I will be able to find the words to describe this. Here's a few phrases - a gang gunfight, homicidal family that makes human sacrifices, zombies, voodoo dolls that work way too well, and missing toes. You will find all of that in this book and then some. When I described this book to my husband, he stared at me in wonder and said "I could so see that as a movie, and I'm already casting it in my head."

You know what surprised me the most about this book? That Tyler had a girlfriend. I know, I'm strange right? Nitpicking on that, but this girl is smarter than him, cuter than him and even freaking takes a bullet for him and then tells him to leave her so he can save his own life. I loved all the characters in this book, but Kelley is the bravest most awesome character in this book.

Tyler is running around because his friend Adam has created a voodoo doll of Tyler to keep him from talking about what happened to their teacher. Like Tyler could say what really happened anyways, but Adam is crazy enough to think so. Unfortunately, on the way to get it reversed, his car gets jacked along with the doll. Obviously, this is where the gang fight, the zombies, and the homicidal family all come in because nothing is ever easy. So good. I could not put this book down. It was insane and fantastic and gorey in a good way.

Final Verdict:
Definitely a book "for boys" but that girls will read, because we rock. A Bad Day for Voodoo is insanely fun and will keep readers hooked until the very last page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bad Day For Voodoo.

08/06/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristen Going by so quickly. Very weirdly funny. Especially losing limbs?

Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews) Same thing happened to me, I sat down to read it and before I knew it, it was over. Just flew through the whole thing!

Kristen I told my husband about the book and he responded "I could so see that as a movie".

Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews) The book actually kind of reminded me of the humor in the movie Idle Hands, which is a pretty funny/silly movie

Kristen YES!!! So true. I agree completely. What a horribly funny movie. :)

Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews) I have the author's email if you want to approach him about a guest post or an interview for your blog for this book, if your interested

Kristen I'm on the blog tour for it, so I think I've got something in the way of a guest post/interview. Not sure.