Nikki (The Bibliomaniac)'s Reviews > Ashes and Wine

Aug 01, 12

Recommended to Nikki (The Bibliomaniac) by: Nicole
Recommended for: Contemporary Romance Fans
Read from July 22 to August 01, 2012 — I own a copy

The story is very endearing. The main characters have know and been attracted to each other for a couple of years but have never taken it anywhere. But one night they get to close to eachother and the magnetism they feel pulls them together in a hot kiss. From there on out they take things further and the love scenes are great. Tessa doesn't let Royal shut her out and Royal finally gives into his need for companionship during a tough time, instead of trying to shoulder everything by himself.

You get to know his other brothers and I hope that they have their own stories. It would be nice to see what becomes of Simon. Him and Tessa have a little tiff, Simon being quite rude, but Tessa is understanding of the strain he is under. She is there for the family during Roy Sr.'s final days and Royal becomes aware that he thinks of her as his now. And despite distance and both of their businesses they will make what they have started work.

I wish the epilogue would have given more of an indication of what happens with the family. How things work out with Tessa and Royal. The ending was a little abrupt to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes and Wine.