Albert's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Nov 14, 08

Recommended to Albert by: a friend
Recommended for: everyone
Read in February, 2005, read count: twice

One of the best things about this book is actually the lessons it imposed to readers. Mitch Albom wrote the book intended to teach its readers particularly about how we should handle our lives properly. This is not a self-help book, but it tells a story of a dying teacher and his favorite students who was practicing journalism profession. Mitch was Morrie's closest students.

Tuesday was the day when Mitch visited Morrie. And he happened to experience 14 consecutive tuesdays before Morrie finally died. Each tuesday featured different topic and lessons. They talked about death, family, love and friendship.

It is a short book yet you will learn lots of things from it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.

Quotes Albert Liked

Mitch Albom
“Life is a series of pulls back and forth... A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubber band. Most of us live somewhere in the middle. A wrestling match...Which side win? Love wins. Love always wins”
Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie

Mitch Albom
“The problem, Mitch, is that we don't believe we are as much alike as we are. Whites and blacks, Catholics and Protestants, men and women. If we saw each other as more alike, we might be very eager to join in one big human family in this world, and to care about that family the way we care about our own.
But believe me, when you are dying, you see it is true. We all have the same beginning - birth - and we all have the same end - death. So how different can we be?
Invest in the human family. Invest in people. Build a little community of those you love and who love you.
Morrie Schwartz”