Autumn Review's Reviews > Blood Jewel

Blood Jewel by Georgia Cates

Aug 23, 12

bookshelves: blog-tours, review
Read in August, 2012

I really enjoy Georgia Cates' writing style, so I was excited to read this series. I've been pretty picky about paranormals lately, but I really enjoyed this new perspective on vampires living in the south. This is the second book in the series and I enjoyed it even more than the first.

I really enjoyed seeing more of Chansey's personality in this book. In the first book, I felt like I didn't really know her well. In this book, Chansey is portrayed as a confident, assertive woman, who knows how to handle tough situations. She's embraced her role as Curry's Agape and has developed solid relationships with others in the coven. We also learn more about her appeal to vampires outside their coven. I loved seeing her relationship with Curry move forward. Even though they have a predestined relationship, you can clearly see that they truly love each other.

Curry was more likable for me in this book. Not that I disliked him before, but he was a bit too passive for me. I mean, he's a vampire. He's got to have some fire right? Well, in this book I felt like he showed that even though he wants to suppress his vampire behaviors, he understands that he may HAVE to use them in order to keep Chansey safe.

One thing I would have liked to see more of in this story, was Marsala's history. The book starts out giving the reader a bit of Marsala's past. I really enjoyed that and was a bit disappointed we didn't get to see more of that further into the book.

As for the story, I'm really enjoying the direction this story is taking. I felt more involved with the characters and feel like I've developed a stronger attachment to them. I look forward to seeing how the story moves forward from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Jewel.