Jill's Reviews > Blue Noon

Blue Noon by Scott Westerfeld

Nov 17, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, series
Recommended for: To those who want to see what happens in the series :)
Read in November, 2008 , read count: 1

OK, I hate to admit it, but this series got a little boring to me. I really enjoyed the first book because I thought it was a really cool idea, the second was still pretty good, and then the third book got a little slow -- but I had to see how it ended, so I finished it. The author didn't give it a definite ending, so if he writes another book I'm bound to read it too, just because I'm really concerned about a couple of the characters.

The author didn't totally make me LOVE the characters, but I liked them on a superficial level. The points of view kept changing with every chapter, so you didn't totally get extremely personal with just one person, which is what I prefer. Also, the idea that was cool that I liked from the beginning, got a little old for me. It's still a cool idea, but the author did every possible thing he could with it, and it just got a little old. I still like the author, but it's just not going to be something I give rave reviews about, just a pretty good book to pass the time. Anyway, sorry to disappoint, but maybe you'll like it a little more than me -- I'll be curious to see what other people think.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Noon.