Jillybean's Reviews > That Wedding

That Wedding by Jillian Dodd

Jul 26, 12

Read from July 22 to 25, 2012

I have to agree with the other reviews, while 'That Marriage' still have the adorable, witty, fun and romantic aspect of 'That Boy', this book just didn't quite made it to get the extra star.
There was a point where things kinda became repetitive and she became a real nurotic, pessimistic brat. And she wasn't even that bratty when she was younger in 'That Boy'.
I kept trying to rationalise it. Try to understand how she feels, her situation, the way she thinks and how it was deeply affected by her past, especially we are reading this from JJ's point of view. It all made sense that she could and would feel this way but yes, it does get a bit annoying and tiring to read so many pages of them and/or keep trying to rationalise it.
But wow, that boy, the prince, how I adore thee? If all men were like him, the world will be a better place :)
The book was worth the read just to see what he will say and do next :)

Overall, I think this is a great sequel to the first book. I think it is a very honest book. There are a few things here that I am sure anyone who have been there done that (interms of planning a wedding) can relate to, sympathize and truly understand JJ's feelings.
It is also heartwarming, reading about her parents, the boys parents and the Prince himself to show so much love towards a person not even close to being perfect but perfect enough for them to love and cherish.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Wedding.

Quotes Jillybean Liked

Jillian Dodd
“Love is friendship gone mad.”

Jillian Dodd
“Love makes you feel out of control. I think that's how you know it's right.”

Jillian Dodd
“No boy is worth your tears, but once you find the one that is, he won't make you cry.”

Jillian Dodd
“Ooooohh, I heard you had an STD, but I thought it was just a rumor. Does it really burn?"

- Moose in reference to Jadyn's "burning bush" -”

07/23/2012