Amanda Muchmore's Reviews > Girls in White Dresses

Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

Jul 21, 12

Read in July, 2012

I read this book during a 6 hour car ride home from vacation. I finished the whole thing with almost an hour to spare. It wasn't terrible, and the writing was witty and almost entertaining... the story just wasn't great, or even good in my opinion. This book never really progresses. There is no climax or true plot. It just follows a few girls nearing the end of their young-adult stage who act way to young for their age, are incredibly insecure, and don't have any standards when it comes to dating. It was short and sweet, so it wasn't like I spent a week waiting for the book to get better, which was nice. It was a cute idea for a story, and definitely something any young woman can relate to (if going nowhere in life is your kind of thing), but I feel like there could have been so much more to it. The characters just drink constantly and have dead-end jobs and date losers the entire book, and then they whine about to each other about their other friends' happiness, and then they do nothing to fix their problems. I just feel like someone should tell the author that there are actually people who have found happy relationships, and give her a hug or something... it seems like she has no idea that that is even an option... I hope she doesn't actually feel that way about her own life :( haha.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girls in White Dresses.