BellaReadz's Reviews > The Flight of the Griffin

The Flight of the Griffin by C.M. Gray

Aug 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult

Life is in the balance between good and evil, order and chaos. Chaos is threatening to tip the balance in its favor, and it is up to Pardigan and his three friends to stop it. To do so they must follow a series of “challenges” that are revealed to them through a magic book and with a magic knife, and fulfill their duties even with a demon chasing after them. It is a great recipe for an exciting novel, but unfortunately I found the pacing to be too slow to ever really thrust me along. While the story starts off strong, I thought it quickly slowed down and focused too much on mundane details and actions that weren’t really important, and ended up bogging down the story. Also there were several instances of repetition, especially with explaining what the boy’s quest was and why they had to do it. This was not a bad book by any means, in fact I thought it was very good, just written in an easier pace than I would prefer for this type of story. But I believe that many people will really enjoy it so read and decide for yourself.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flight of the Griffin.