Shelley's Reviews > Florentine's Hero

Florentine's Hero by Debra Kayn

Jul 21, 12

bookshelves: contemporary
Read in July, 2012

Florentine McDougal dreams of becoming a top bull rider on the Professional Bull Riders circuit. She wants to show young girls and women that anything is possible if you work hard enough. Despite the difficulties she faces on tour and the taunts and slurs from some of the male riders, she is on the cusp of achieving her dream.

Cole Reardon has purchased the Turner Grain Corporation, the company that sponsors Florentine. He wants to terminate the sponsorship deal because he can't condone a woman in such a high risk occupation. Unfortunately, there's a contract in place, and Florentine isn't amenable to losing her sponsorship without a fight.

I've never read a romance with a female bull rider before, and this made me eager to try this book.
This is a story of two people with differing points of view. Florentine is strong, determined and loves her family--a spunky character who never backs down. Cole loves his young daughter and is protective of her. When the sexy male tries to extend his protection to Florentine, the sparks start to fly. It was fun watching the dance between Florentine and Cole, and the gradual changes in their relationship with each other and the way they see the world.

I enjoyed this story very much--the rodeo setting, the unusual occupation of the heroine, and the building relationship between hero and heroine and the exciting conclusion. It was easy to read, and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others who enjoy a category-type contemporary romance.

This book was received from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Florentine's Hero.

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Hi there,

I apologize if you've already reviewed this title on Amazon, but if you haven't, can you please go on there and post your review on there as well?

Thanks so much for all that you do!

~ Heather Riccio, Senior Publicist