Sally's Reviews > Shattered Dreams

Shattered Dreams by Ellie James

F 50x66
Jul 23, 12

Read from July 22 to 23, 2012

Ok , so the synopsis of the book was interesting enough and made me look forward to reading it but it ended up being a huge disappointment .The starting was decent enough but the transition from normal to mystery was too sudden and too early.There was no gradual development in the intensity and by the time I had read one third of the book everything was way too confusing..!The characters weren't fully developed.
There were far too many loose ends.
Seemed to me like the author just kept compiling random thoughts about the plot but never shaped any of those into a plot.
Throughout the book I found random information and scenes and kept on reading hoping to find a link later on...but I never did find any.

I still couldn't get the following...(those who have read the book would know)

-Emma Watson..?? She hated Trinity's mother because of her son-in-law..?? Why..??

-the scene when they went to visit her mother's cousin,the cat,the knife,the mirror,...the context of it all to the main story ?

- the scene with the tarot and palm reader??

-Who was following her..??Now or throughout her life?? How?? why??

The questions were all there in the book but sadly there were NO answers.I guess the author sort of wanted to create a certain amount of suspense regarding the other books yet to come in the series..but she monumentally failed in hooking me up to the story in the process.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Dreams.

07/23/2012