Carina 's Reviews > Men of the Cave

Jul 29, 12

liked it
Recommended to Carina by: Marisette Burgess
Read from July 21 to 29, 2012

I have to say, the dialogue and religious references, I wasn't a big fan of. I felt hot and cold sometimes towards the dialogue and love relationship. I actually didn't mind the (view spoiler) But the characters would sometimes feel very vague and so I felt disconnected. And then other times I was right there with them, and as excited as they were. There were times where the changes of topic were abrupt and that messed with the flow of my reading. But I gotta admit, overall? I liked this book.

I was very surprised at what the title of the book actually means. (view spoiler) That was a very original twist that I enjoyed.
The mixture of Catholic religion with Greek Mythology was anothe surprised and I'm still very intrigued to find out where this is going.
Kasey and Dion's relationship was actually good. I can' pin point what it is, but I enjoyed it. And at the end, for a moment I thought (view spoiler)

Men of the Cave was a very good first book, and thanks to that little sneak peek I got at the end of the book, now I know for sure I'll be reading book 2! Very nicely done Mrs. Burgess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Men of the Cave.

07/24/2012
16.0% "Ok, ok. I'm intrigued. ;-)" 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Marisette (new)

Marisette Burgess Thank you Carina! I appreciate the review. I'm glad you were intrigued. Jar of Pandora comes out late Fall.

Carina Thank you for the copy to review, Marisette! I'm looking forward to reading book 2 =)