Joyzi's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Aug 16, 11

bookshelves: e-book, fiction, sci-fi, adult, books-to-movies, reviewed, favorites, 5-stars-or-more, chick-lit, contemporary-fiction, contemporary-romance, 100-books-tfg
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
Recommended for: Time Travel Suckers
Read from November 30 to December 31, 2009

Time Travelers Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

Awesome book in my opinion especially that I have a thing for time traveling. I love it the story is interesting even though it's confusing at first because the story is not chronological and the author would just arrange each story by any timeline (past, future, present).

I also love the characters Henry (librarian, time traveler) and Clare (artist) and of course their daughter Alba (also time traveler). It's just sad though and I'm not expecting it that in the end the story became depressing.

I also love the part wherein Henry saw Clare writing the date in one of her work and Henry says that I saw in the future that it has no date in it, so you should not write the date. And Clare wanted to somehow break the rules of what should happen and still write the date on it and say that, "What is the big deal if I write the date or not?" Henry kind of scares her that maybe something terrible happen like a war or something if they kind of change something even if it's a small thing. So when Henry goes in the future again he looks for the drawing and was surprise that it does not have a date on it and he asks Clare since he knows that in the past they decided to put a date on it, then what the heck happen and Clare says that she was kind of scared about the war thing so when he left she decided to chipped off the date.

And also the part wherein he time travels and he went to Ingrid's apartment and when he asks Ingrid the date and he knows that this is the day wherein Ingrid killed herself and he thought that maybe he can change that, but the inevitable happens and Ingrid killed herself in front of him.

This is just a great book if you love time traveling and dejavu.

Quotes Joyzi Liked

Audrey Niffenegger
“Think for a minute, darling: in fairy tales it's always the children who have the fine adventures. The mothers have to stay at home and wait for the children to fly in the window.”
Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

Audrey Niffenegger
“There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.”
Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie It's one of my favorite books! It was cleverly written. And I'm looking for a chance to read it again maybe after I finished my to-read-books in my list. As if the list would end! hahah :D

Joyzi Have you watch the movie adaptation yet? Haven't watch it but I really want to.

Julie Yes! I was super anticipating for the movie kaya I had the chance to watch in cinema :) If you want, I can have a copy from a friend. In case you know of a site where it is easy to upload and download w/o hassle eh tell me I'll see kung makaka-upload ako :D

Jasmin Joyzi wrote: " It just felt clever to me that somehow the past, present and future are interrelated in ways that you can't even change it, even the future. It's just whatever happens you can't change it anymore."

I like the way you said this! :D

Joyzi Thanks Jasmin, whoa I actually have goosebumps when someone quote what I write or say and I'll be oh yeah I said that, did I really say it? haha my friends love to quote me too idk why

Kimberly Joy One of the best! =)

Joyzi Thanks ^^

jzhunagev The last of Henry's foray into the further future was the heartwarming moment for me. :)

Joyzi Thanks Jzhun I love the ending of this book too but in the movie they have an alternate ending

jzhunagev Joyzi wrote: "Thanks Jzhun I love the ending of this book too but in the movie they have an alternate ending"

Really, haven't watched the movie yet.

Joyzi Watch it Eric Bana and Rachel Mcadams are both perfect

Tracy so true, it really is for "Time Traveling suckers". I'm addicted, since LOST,

Tracy and don't usually read modern novels.....I loved this book. At first I thought it would take me FOREVER to read it, since it was over 500 pages, but, nope, flew right through it...couldn't put it down. IF I wrote a review for this one it would be something like, "Throw out your bookmarks for this one.".