Michelle's Reviews > Monsters on the March

Monsters on the March by Derek The Ghost

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: kindle, favorites, review-on-blog
Read from July 23 to 31, 2012

Monsters on the March had some big shoes to fill. I LOVED Scary School and I was looking for just as many, if not more, laughs from book 2. It did not disappoint. Monsters on the March is just as fun, zany, and flat out hilarious as book 1 was. If you have a child that will not read, give them the scary school series. They will be reading and laughing in no time.

This book features your same favorite students and monsters as Scary School had, along with a whole cast of new creatures. Also like scary school, I loved how each chapter was about one specific person but the book still managed to create an over-arc plot line. Which involved the Monster King. Yes King!

Scary School and its sequel, Monsters on the March have the unique quality to appeal to both boys and girls. And trust me that is not easy to do at those young ages. This is one of the most fun middle grade books I have read in a long time. I couldn't stop laughing! And it is not just a kids book, there are tons of pop culture references that will likely go over kids heads but that I really enjoyed reading them. I especially loved the adventures and writings of Steven Kingsley. ;) Kids will love the mixture of scary and silly. It would be such a fun book to read with them. I am a huge fan of Derek the Ghost (my favorite ghost writer) and Scary School.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monsters on the March.

07/25/2012 page 38