Rachel McClellan's Reviews > Treason

Treason by S.M. Boyce

2681902
Jul 21, 2012

Kara, who is a vagabond dead set on uniting the different races, has been training hard with Braeden at her side. These two have an interesting relationship. They clearly want to be together, but a vagabond can’t be with anyone. The author did a great job keeping tension between them all the way through the book. Part of my fervor in reading this was wanting to know what would happen between these two.

The way the author described Ourea pretty much convinced me that the place actually exists. I’m thinking of looking for it in the forest behind my house just as soon as I finish eating my bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Seriously, though. Ourea is a amazing. And the creatures who exist within it are pure genius.

What made this book so exciting were the many twists. You think the story is going right, then all of a sudden the car jerks hard to the left and races down a track you never saw coming. A lot of politics were involved with these changes, which I really liked.

One of my minor complaints in book one was my ability to connect with Kara. I didn’t feel that at all in Treason. Right from the get-go, I found myself rooting for her. Boyce did a great job creating an emotional bond for readers to cling to, not only for the main character, but secondary ones as well.

I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treason.