Lisa Christen's Reviews > The Hypnotist's Love Story

The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty

Jul 21, 12

Read in July, 2012

I had such high hopes for this book. First read about it nearly a year ago and was so looking forward to getting it. Turned out to be good, but not as good as I had hoped. I couldn't decide between a three or four stars. Decided on the three as it just didn't pull me in.

The story is about Ellen, a hypnotherapist whose patients are struggling to lose weight, to be able to speak in public, along with other addictions and phobias. She meets Patrick and falls for him and his son, but before things go too far he tells Ellen that he is being stalked by Saskia, an ex-girlfriend. Meanwhile, Saskia has been posing as one of Ellen's patients under another name, which allows her to find out what is happening in the relationship between Ellen and Patrick. As the story unfolds, Saskia gets bolder and bolder and the story gets more intense.

I think the reason that I was as thrilled with this book is that I didn't care for Ellen and I'm not sure if I really liked Patrick either. I guess I felt bad for Saskia. The story was told from her perspective, which was an interesting way to present the story and possibly made it easier for me to care more for her than Ellen and Patrick. Strange story, but highly possible in this world of our's.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hypnotist's Love Story.