Sheree's Reviews > The Heretic Queen

Jan 02, 2009

bookshelves: historical-fiction, reviews, read-in-2008, own
Recommended for: All but especially lovers of Egyptian history
Read in November, 2008

Loved it, loved it, loved it. I don't normally gush about a novel but I enjoyed this even more than 'Nefertiti' & I really didn't want it to end. It was a vivid, captivating page-turner and I thoroughly enjoyed being immersed in the Ancient Egyptian world.
I have been interested in Ancient Egypt since my own school years then helping my sons with assignments on Ancient Egypt; the pharoahs, the Gods, their customs and burial practices, I have always found their highly advanced civilisation fascinating.
Nefertari, the orphaned daughter of Mutnodjmet and niece of the infamous Nefertiti is an absolute delight in this novel.
She is kind-hearted and moral like her mother but very strong and clever without being calculating. I was caught up in the love story between Nefertari and Ramesses the Great, Nefertari's battle to gain the respect and admiration of Egypt and her triumph over her family's checkered past.

I await Michelle Moran's next novel, 'Cleopatra's Daughter' with much anticipation and great impatience!
23 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heretic Queen.

11/17 page 153