Jessica's Reviews > Darkhouse

Darkhouse by Karina Halle

2065206
Jul 24, 12

Read from July 21 to 23, 2012

First good decision: checking out Karina Halle after her awesome comment (I believe now deleted) eloquently laying some smackdown on another indie author who was cranky that some teen bloggers didn't like his book.

Second good decision: Downloading her book and reading it immediately.

First bad decision: Reading the creepy parts of the book past my bedtime. I was totally getting the creeps.

That's it for decisions, I was too busy reading this book to make any more. Seriously good stuff. I really enjoyed Perry's POV through the book, and the storyline was really well done. It was a nice change of pace from a lot of the paranormal fic I've been reading lately. Dex hasn't completely grown on me yet, but I get the feeling that he's got a lot of growth coming later in the series.

Books like this one are the reason I LOVE indies. Pretty much impossible to tell that Darkhouse was not published traditionally. I'm really looking forward to plowing through the rest of the series :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkhouse.

07/22/2012

Karina Halle Thank you! You're awesome :)

Doreen Aren't they fantastic books??? She has me addicted to them! I cannot wait to see what happens next! Every time!

Jessica You are awesome Karina :) Can't wait to read Red Fox! True story, my friend has been plowing through indies on her nook, I told her to check this one out, and she was like OMG I LOVED THAT BOOK!! I WANT THE SECOND! She can't get it on nook but I showed her how to get it on smashwords :)

message 4: by MrsJoseph (new)

MrsJoseph Ok, I'm a serious wussy. I'm taking your word on this Jessica. I better not get too scared!