Lilysbookblog's Reviews > The Thing About the Truth

The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt

Sep 02, 12

Read in July, 2012

I’ve been looking forward to reading this book for months, right after the beautiful cover was revealed. I have prevouisly read a few of Lauren Barnholdts books before and LOVED them. So right after i bought this at the local chapters and began reading i found it non-attention grabbing.

My first problem with the story were the main characters, I felt Kelsey and Isaac were both so rude and mean at the beginning of the story i couldnt really connect with them from the start. Along the way though Isaac seemed to redeem himself, he seemed like he genuinely cared for Kelsey. While Kelsey simply got me fustrated, more than once I wished I could go inside the book and knock some sense into her.

The second problem i had with the story was the secret. I was expecting it to be this big OMG moment but in the end I was disappointed. I didnt understand how the secret was that big of a deal and involved the varouis of people that it did. The whole thing just didnt seem believable.

What i did enjoy in the story though was the background to the characters. Both Kelsey and Isaac come from troubled pasts and households so i understood why they connected the way they did. Another thing was the flashbacks, Lauren Barnholdt frequently uses flashbacks in her stories and always makes them effective.

I wish i could of loved this book like i have loved prevouis books by Lauren Barnholdt but this one just didnt do it for me.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing About the Truth.