Thelma Adams's Reviews > Gone Girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Aug 24, 12

Read from August 16 to 22, 2012

Wow. This book is a quick read. You just keep wanting to peel the onion. It starts out like a dysfunctional relationship book. In fact, my husband who loves mysteries but wouldn't be caught dead reading women's literary fiction (even though I write it) claims "Gone Girl" doesn't start until pg 215. There are many twists and turns, but what's interesting is that this is the stuff of women's relationship fiction -- a very sick co-dependent pair of yuppies muddling through the conflicts that either bond marriages or break them -- twisted and turned into a nailbiter of a who-and-why-dunit. It works, only later did I have the feeling that there were certain plotholes and that in the end I'd spent a lot of time with people I wouldn't have shared a meal with. Still, I'd recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Girl.

message 1: by Kitty Bowe (new)

Kitty Bowe Hearty Thelma....my sister really liked this book a lot. Hope all is well.

Kitty Bowe

Jacey Great synopsis Thelma. I like the peeling onions reference! I was just a bit disappointed by the end. However, I love Gillian from my 20th days so I was willing to overlook that! :)

Thelma Adams Jacey wrote: "Great synopsis Thelma. I like the peeling onions reference! I was just a bit disappointed by the end. However, I love Gillian from my 20th days so I was willing to overlook that! :)"

It ends three times. Would you recommend her first two books? And, if so, which one?

Jacey I've never read her other books. But I've read good reviews on them! When is your next book coming out?