Kelly's Reviews > Divided

Divided by Kimberly Montague

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, young-adult, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012, urban-fantasy
Read from July 21 to 22, 2012

I don't know how she does it but Kimberly Montague makes me crave Evie and Dev like you wouldn't believe. I want them to find a way out of the horror they're in so that they can be together SO BADLY. I hurt for them, guys. HURT! Evie's emotional breakdown at being apart from Dev made me teary. Dev's shining love for her, the fact that Evie had no pictures of the two of them together... *weeps*

I love that we're getting to see the beginning of the end here. The world is on the verge of falling apart and everyone's trying to go on like it's business as usual. The division between what the government is telling the public is happening and what really is happening is shiver-worthy. Evie, having insider information from both living through the first outbreak and from what Dev has managed to tell her, knows that things are much worse than they seem. Her ability to cull through the information being allowed out of the hot zones and figure out what's what is one of the things that's going to keep her family and friends alive as things go from bad to worse.

The storytelling is heartfelt, the horror is gruesome and the love between Evie and Dev is endless. I am smitten with this series in the biggest way and the ending just about killed me. The lights are about to go out on the world and I plan on having a front row seat!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divided.