Charlie Kravetz's Reviews > Spirit Binder

Spirit Binder by Meghan Ciana Doidge

Dec 25, 12

Read from December 23 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

This review is for the Kindle edition ebook.

A story of magical abilities in a world that needs magic to survive.

This is a story of nature, and the enduring magical spirit all nature has. That spirit surrounds us, without most of us ever realizing how powerful nature’s magic really is. The story starts out with pain and confusion. It evolves into the story of how powerful nature’s spirit can be. I see Theo, the main character, as mother nature. She is the most powerful being on earth. Not even the most powerful magic comes without consequences, though.

Do not let the first chapter or two stop you from reading the book. They are a foundation for the story, but if you get confused by them, skip ahead. You can always turn back pages if you find it necessary. I found the references to spirit and magic wonderful in this story. while this story starts out confusing, it soon draws the reader in and holds onto to you. I found this book very hard to put down, and found myself reading much more than intended each time I picked it up again.

I could easily recommend this book to those who enjoy true fantasy and mystery. As the story unfolds, the reader is drawn deeper into it, until thoroughly immersed. Not every reader will like this book, those who do will be drawn into the author's story and await the next chapter of this series. I, myself, will anxiously await the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Binder.

10/07/2012
12/25/2012
100.0% "I read it two times."