Deeze's Reviews > Animal Instinct

Animal Instinct by Stephen Osborne

Aug 28, 2014

bookshelves: would-read-again, more-story-than-sex, pick-me-up, favorites
Read from October 13 to 15, 2013

The second book in the Duncan and Robbie saga just gets better.

This story had everything the first book had and more. We get to catch up with Daisy and learn a little more about Gina, but mostly we get to go on another case with Duncan and his ghostly sidekick. This time the case holds more mystery and intrigue, but Duncan and Robbie again kept me laughing, apart from the times they had me choking up. I admit to being worried in places, expecting the expected, but I worried needlessly. This book keeps you guessing, then just when you think you have it all figured out, it spins it a little more.

I really don’t know how I want these books to play out. I just know I want more please.

ETA

Second time reading loses nothing of the excitement or humor, it also lost none of the bitersweetness. That ending choked me up as much as the first time reading. Can't wait to see where the next book takes me.

ETA That ending still gets to me.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Instinct.

Quotes Deeze Liked

Stephen Osborne
“several complaints that
night, ranging from people thinking cats were fighting to one soul who
thought that a neighbor was playing a Yoko Ono album much too loud.”
Stephen Osborne, Animal Instinct

Stephen Osborne
“By standing and with me
sitting, he was showing he was the dominant male in the room. I,
however, had a .38 in a holster under my jacket, so I won.”
Stephen Osborne, Animal Instinct

07/21/2012
14.0% " "
07/23/2012
28.0% " "
07/26/2012
44.0% "Getting back to this one now."
07/26/2012
63.0% " I'm getting worried now."
10/12/2013 marked as: currently-reading
10/12/2013 "I knew this book was funny but I'd forgotten how funny " 1 comment
10/12/2013 "This pic should of been on the cover for this book.

the voices in my head photo: Voices in my Head pan1.jpg" 4 comments
10/15/2013 marked as: read
08/25/2014 marked as: currently-reading
08/27/2014 " the voices in my head photo: the voices in my head... voices.jpg "
08/28/2014 marked as: read

Susan I must read this one soon!

Deeze Yes Susan you must lol. I think its slightly better than the first, if thats possible lol.

Susan Do you think there will be more books in this series?

Deeze I really don't know for sure, but I certainly hope so. Theres plenty of room for more, although I can't help worrying about the poor Squirrels lol.

Susan I love Daisy!

Deeze Me too, but I still feel bad for the squirrels.

Susan Is this book really sad? I ask because I'm reading a sad book at the moment and I was planning on reading this next. I don't know if I could cope with 2 really sad books in a row!

Deeze Hey Susan, I think you'll be safe with this one. From what I can remember its not a sad book, pretty funny in places, just like the first book.

Susan Thank you. I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Deeze I hope you enjoy it. I'll look out for your thoughts lol.

message 11: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Again, if you are ready for BR-ing #3 don't forget to PM me :-)

Deeze Ami wrote: "Again, if you are ready for BR-ing #3 don't forget to PM me :-)"

Hey Ami, I'm still on for the buddy read, I want to get to is soon but I also want to make sure nothing else is going on so I can really get settled into it lol. I'll PM you within the next day or so I hope, if that's OK?

message 13: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami No worries, Dee. Just want to make sure you don't start without me, that's all :-)

Deeze No worries, thanks for waiting for me. My reading time has taken a real battering over the last few weeks.

Deeze When ever you are ready Ami. I finally cleared some space for reading lol.