Delphina's Reviews > The Lost Soul

The Lost Soul by Jessica Sorensen

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read in July, 2012

Wow! I do not know how she did it, but Jessica took the Fallen Star series to a whole new level without it feeling forced or contrived. I adored the Fallen Star series and was beyond giddy when I found out this series was in the works. The story takes place after the dust has settled from ending of the first series. The characters are not much older, but boy have they grown up. Wowzers. This is still a fairly clean YA, but it definitely heated up.
I think the genius in this book is the point of view. I can not really say to much about this without giving away a huge spoiler, but the author stays true to her point of view to the point that I was floored by one of the turns of events.
I know I have far more to say on this series,but words are really alluding me right now. I think it is because I am fearful of giving away spoilers. this book had me on the edge of my seat and I think if I knew what was coming it would have ruined it for me. If you have not read The Fallen Star series, you could probably read this with only a wee bit of confusion. The author does not dumb down the story by retelling the initial series, but the key facts are there and the main story arc is completely different from the first series. That being said, I highly recommend you check out The Fallen Star. Book one is free right now, so it is like a risk free trial.
Oh and I loved this book! I guess I should have started with that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Soul.