My Book Addiction and More MBA's Reviews > The Queen's Vow: A Novel of Isabella of Castile

The Queen's Vow by C.W. Gortner

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: historical-fiction, spain
Read in July, 2012

THE QUEEN'S VOW: A NOVEL OF ISABELLA OF CASTILE by C.W. Gortner is a wonderful fiction fiction. The powerful,complex, and compelling story of Isabella of Castile from 1484,her exile as a young child to her becoming Queen of Spain to 1492. It is her story from her young childhood during her exile,to her husband,Ferdinand of Aragon,their trials,struggles,triumphs, danger,sadness,hopes and dreams. While, some though of Isabella as an evil Queen,she did what she thought was best for her Kingdom,her people,her courage,and her strong will. She was considered a controversial Queen,her and her Prince Aragon brought two realms together.A powerful story. If you enjoy historical fiction at its best than "The Queen's Vow" is a must read. Received for an honest review from the publisher and Library Thing. Details can be found at the author's website,Ballantine Books,an imprint of the Random House Publishing Group, and My Book Addiction and More.

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen's Vow.