Sam's Reviews > Speechless

Speechless by Hannah Harrington

Speechless is a thought-provoking and stunningly written novel that will stay with readers for a long time.

Chelsea Knot can't keep a secret. If you've got one, the whole school will know in a matter of minutes thanks to Chelsea. But the last secret she shared almost got someone killed and turned her into a social outcast. To stop herself from hurting the people around her, Chelsea has taken a vow of silence. Now she is picked and targeted on in the school hallways. Until something unexpected happens. She makes new friends and even meets a boy she might even fall for. But before she can move on, she must forgive herself.

When I read Hannah Harrington's debut novel Saving June, I completely fell in love with her writing and I could not contain my excitement when I heard that she had another book coming out this year. Speechless had me under a spell, I found it really hard to put it down.

Speechless has a bunch of entertaining and unique characters. At first, I wasn't so keen on Chelsea, the main character. She didn't seem to care who she hurt when she opened her mouth, it was all about spreading the juiciest secret; being the center of attention while everyone crowds around her, eager to hear what she has to say. But, at the same time, I enjoyed her wit and all the funny things that she thought to her self.

"No boy is worth that. Not even Brendon Ryan, whom I would do a number of immoral and insane things for, and who is quite possibly the love of my life even if he doesn't know it yet. We've been caught in a wildly passionate, completely one-sided affair since freshman year."
- Page 10 (Uncorrected Proof)

Chelsea is on a journey of being forgiven by her peers, but also forgiving herself. Taking a vow of silence? Come on, we've all tried not-talking for a day with NO success. I found Chelsea's story really interesting and I just couldn't get enough!

Overall, Speechless is a very enjoyable book, it's full of amazing characters, sweet romance and witty scenes. I would recommend this book to everyone who wants a gripping YA contemporary that won't disappoint.

Read more of my reviews here!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Speechless.

Quotes Sam Liked

Hannah Harrington
“Hate is... It's too easy. Love. Love takes courage.”
Hannah Harrington, Speechless

07/23/2012 page 0
0.0% "Yay! I love you Harlequin!"
07/25/2012 page 10
3.0% "I'm on page 10 and it is so funny!"
show 1 hidden update…